Sunday, March 13, 2011

Changing Faces

I changed the profile picture I use for myself on Facebook today.  Why does this warrant a post on here?  Well, as Storm so eloquently put it  in a conversation we were having, because it was an act of magic.  
For those who haven't been to my Facebook page or never noticed the picture, it was a picture of Foamy the Squirrel.  Foamy is an internet cartoon character who goes on long rants about things that piss him off.  I find these rants to be rather hilarious, and there was a time in my life that I resonated strongly with that.  I would rant and rage about things that pissed me off, or people who I thought were stupid, or really anything in general.  There would always be a humorous tone to my ranting, because that is just who I am, but it was ranting nonetheless.  As I have gotten older I realized that is not who I want to be anymore.

This is part of knowing yourself.  Knowing the good parts, knowing the bad parts, just knowing.  Part of knowing though, is the ability to change your priorities.  One of the reasons I made this blog was because I wanted to make a new relationship to my craft work.  I feel like I have been growing into my initiation.  I turned it all off for a while after I got initiated, which I have already touched on in other posts, and that was something I needed to do.  Now however, I am back in full force.  I am writing again, and through these words I feel the touch of the Goddess.  I am the Laughing Coyote.  I am the Witch. 

Part of it is also getting a little older, having gone through more, maturing a little.  Where does the craft work start and the experiential maturity end?  Well that is a stupid question.  They are both the same thing; they happened at the same time, so they aren't separate.  But what does this have to do with a stupid profile picture?

To some extent, our Facebook pages have (for good or for ill) become the public face that we put out into the world.  People have more contact with my Facebook profile than they ever have with me in person.  By changing that picture I made an act of magic to change how others see me.  The work of changing who I am has been done.  I am not the angry ranting squirrel, I am the Laughing Coyote.  The Trickster is part of me, that will never change, but how I embody it though, that is a different story.  I am a Witch, I am a writer, I am a poet, and I live my life through laughter.  

This is who I am, and this is how I will have others see me.  

As I will it...So Must It Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment